Saturday, July 09, 2005

Lullaby to an Unborn Child

Stay where you are; it's warmer there.
The world outside is cold and dark,
And death awaits to doom those born
Before they partake of a part
Of Life, before they can exist.

Stay as you are, a part of me,
And I will shelter and protect
You from the world you cannot see,
Nor feel, nor hear; nothing except
Through me can you experience.

Stay how you are, small and young
And innocent, without regret,
Without a conscience, past or mind
To cloud your days. Stay there and let
Your muted world cread your dreams.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy Lynn said...

I can't remember when your baby is due? I love the name Sidney! Is there a special meaning behind the name or just one you love? Thank you again for your poetry. I am loving it!

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home